The position is part-time (75 %) and fixed-term for three years. An extension is possible. The salary will be according to the German Public Service Salary Scale (E13 TV-L).
The position will offer the opportunity for further scientific qualification (doctorate).
The key research areas at the Chair of Econometrics include subjective indicators (e.g. life satisfaction, expectations) and issues of social and labor market policies. The Chair supports independent research projects and conference participations.
- University degree (Master or Diploma) with good or very good grades
- Good knowledge of econometrics and/or statistics
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (R, Stata)
- Interest in working with micro data (e.g. SOEP, HILDA, BHPS)
- Independence and creativity in working on research projects
- Experience in empirical research (e.g. as part of a thesis) is an advantage.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out empirical research projects and publishing articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Assisting in teaching bachelor and master courses
- Supporting administrative activities
For further inquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Christoph Wunder, Phone +49 345 55 23380, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application (incl. CV, copies of certificates, and a research paper or your thesis or a recent term paper) until 12th June 2020, quoting the registration number 3-1042/20-H in pdf format to email@example.com.
Alternatively, send your application via postal mail to Martin-Luther- Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Juristische und Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Lehrstuhl für VWL, insb. Ökonometrie und empirische Wirtschaftsforschung, Prof. Dr. Christoph Wunder, 06099 Halle (Saale), Germany.
Find more information here.