During Germany’s EU Council Presidency in 2020, the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) will host an interdisciplinary labor market conference. This conference will focus on labor market transitions and on the evaluation of policies that governments implement to smooth such transitions. To expand the frontiers of knowledge about the importance of the labor market for individuals’ lives and the role of governments in adapting to changes in individuals’ transition patterns and demogra- phic and technological change, we are interested in papers that focus on:
- Labor market transitions of young individuals (e.g. leaving education)
- Labor market transitions of unemployed individuals
- Transitions into retirement
- Household decisions and labor market transitions (e.g. employment and parenthood)
- Technological change and labor market transitions
- Firms and labor market transitions
- Educational decision making in the school system and in the labor market (e.g. further training)
- Monetary and non-monetary consequences of labor market transitions
Submissions will preferably apply (quasi-)experimental or longitudinal designs.
The keynote speakers of the conference are Jutta Allmendinger (WZB) and Christian Dustmann (University College London, CReAM).
Please send your full paper or extended abstract (2-3 pages) to email@example.com.
- Submission Deadline: May 15th 2020
- Acceptance Notification: June 15th 2020
- Registration Deadline: July 1st 2020
Find more information here.