The Chair of Econometrics at the University of Mannheim and the Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED), Germany, are looking for a Post-Doc/ Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to join the team of impact evaluators. An excellent command in English is a must, French, Spanish, and/or Russian are expressly desired.
With a strong focus on quantitative impact evaluations, we are one of the leading research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, and nutrition in Germany. Our vision is to improve the lives of the poor and the vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. C4ED currently conducts projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, and UNICEF to name just a few of our cooperation partners.
Your tasks would include:
- Conducting experimental or quasi-experimental impact evaluation studies with a particular focus on Randomized Control Trials (RCTs)
- Report-writing, research and scientific publications in applied econometrics, statistics or survey methodology as well as reporting
- Application of and teaching in advanced applied econometrics, statistics or survey methods
- Preparing grants and applications for projects
- Provide capacity building
- Conduct and oversee large-scale data collections (incl. high-frequency data checks)
- Ensure project deliverables are prepared on time and are of high quality
- Closely cooperating with local partners
- Set-up monitoring systems
- Project management
We are looking forward to receiving your application, including a motivation letter, your CV, an example of written work in English (e.g. thesis), your certificates, and at least one letter of reference from your previous employment/ PhD supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is January 15th, 2020.
Please find more information here.